- ENTRY OF THE GUESTS
– The guests must wait inside the Church for the entrance of the bride.
– Family members, friends, and witnesses should be placed inside the Church on the left side, if they go by the bride and on the right side if they go by the bridegroom.
- ENTRY OF THE BOY
– They are located at the altar to wait for the bride, standing (looking at the altar) the godmother on the left and the groom on the right.
– There are places where the bride and groom wait for the bride at the door of the Church and enter the same procession, but always first.
- ENTRY OF THE BRIDE AND THE FATHER
– The bride enters fist of the godfather’s left arm (except in military with the saber that offers his right arm).
– The pages or children of arras come behind the bride.
– At very formal weddings (and in some churches) godparents may be located on the side of the altar instead of next to the bride and groom.
- PRIEST’S GREETING AND WELCOME
- LITURGY OF THE WORD
– First reading, from the Old Testament
– Responsorial Psalm
– Second reading, from the New Testament
– Hallelujah (only if there are two readings)
– The bride and groom must select, beforehand, among their relatives and friends, those responsible for reading the wedding day.
– A moment in which the parish priest explains to those present the meaning of the readings chosen by the bride and groom.
- SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE
- EXCHANGE OF RINGS AND ARRAS
– They are delivered in this order: husband to wife and wife to husband.
– The alliance is placed on the right ring finger, except in Catalonia where it is placed on the left ring finger.
– There are two rites to exchange the arras and the rings, from which to choose.
– It is performed after the Prayer of the Faithful, in which it is asked: for the new marriage, for the deceased and for those in need.
– Bride and groom in addition to communion drink from the chalice.
– Family members and guests can also receive communion.
- FINAL BLESSING
– Once ‘married’ the groom raises the veil of the bride and gives a kiss.
- SIGNATURE OF THE MARRIAGE ACT:
– It can be done on the altar or in the sacristy
– Photos: only the newlyweds stay with the godparents, witnesses, and relatives to take pictures at the altar
- OUTPUT CUTOUT
– The output, according to the protocol, must be in this order:
- A) The bride and groom on the arm, behind the godparents and the children of arras and the bridesmaids.
- B) If the parents are not the godparents, the father of the bride can leave the arm of the mother of the bridegroom, and the father of the bridegroom of the arm of the mother of the bride.
- RICE RAIN, FEET OR CONFETTI
– You have to ask in the Church if we are allowed to use any of these items for the departure and notify our guests in case of refusal.